1. Cats in Paris: A Magical Coloring Book by Won-Sun Jang | From what I hear, adult coloring books are very therapeutic to draw in, so I got this one for her from Urban Outfitters. I liked how whimsical it was. The other coloring books they had were incredibly intricate and structured. It was dizzying for even me to look at, and I know she's already nauseous enough (with headaches) as is, so I ruled them out.
2. Coloring Markers Set | Of course I had to get her markers to use to fill in the coloring book! These were also purchased from Urban Outfitters.
3. All About Me. by Philipp Keel | This book is a fill-in-the-blanks journal that is the perfect tool for self-reflection and designed to help you construct The Story of Your Life. What better gift to help someone make meaning of their life?
4. Shallow Hal | Shallow Hal - yaaaaas! Who doesn't love Shallow Hal? This is such a side-splitting comedy that makes my whole day whenever I catch it on TV. Margaret actually really likes this movie, but doesn't own it on DVD, so I decided to get it for her.
5. Gilded Superscript Monogram Coaster | These delicate monogrammed coasters from Anthropologie are so classy and elegant. Margaret is a home decor guru and I wanted to get her something aesthetically stylish and personalized. I know coasters are a bit random, but I feel they could make a great addition on her table.
6. Albeit Lip Scrub | I purchased this rose sugar lip scrub from Anthropologie because I wanted to get something lovely and pretty and dainty for Margaret. I checked out the Sephora travel sized section, but didn't see much for my price point that I felt she could use or would be right for her during this time. The packaging of this stole my heart and truthfully that's why I bought it. Plus, a lip scrub sounds somewhat luxurious.
7. Serenity Wellness Tea by Teavana | I know tea is very soothing and therapeutic for some people, so I double checked with my friend to see whether his mother was a tea drinker and then proceeded to go to Teavana in my local mall. I chose the Serenity Wellness Tea because it was mild, caffeine-free, and recommended for people with upset stomachs. I then purchased a gold tea tin to package it in!
8. Quattro Stagioni Mason Jar from the Container Store | My sister and I tagged-teamed to fill up a mason jar with positive and uplifting messages found on Pinterest! All the ones I found were incredibly somber - I tried typing in queries like comforting quotes for the end of life, or loss, or for dying loved ones, and even the ones that were eloquent still felt like they were prepping the person for the other side. Even typing in uplifting or inspirational didn't help. Needless to say Diana talked me out of them.
9. Sinus Aches Relief Wrap from Bed, Bath and Beyond | For the life of me I can't find the exact sinus relief spa solution I bought for her, but it was from Bed, Bath and Beyond and it was also $12.99 so I'm just putting this one here as a placeholder. Margaret has been suffering a lot of headache pain so I wanted to throw something comforting in to help soothe her pain.
10. Because You're a Mom | This is such a precious book I stumbled upon while browsing Barnes and Nobles. Essentially, it's a journal, and at first I thought, a) this seems way too personalized to moms and b) it's a 'mom journal,' no big deal. Then I opened it and it was just so lovely! It is filled with so much positivity and has inspirational content on each page and fun activities. It emphasizes the mother's place in their child's heart, and I thought that would be really special to give Margaret.
11. Collapsible Gift Box with Striped Interior from the Container Store | I bought the large blue gift box pictured above to contain all the gifts I was sending. I love how classy and high quality it looks. I would have preferred to get this pink one shown here but it wasn't big enough.
Total Cost? $126.72 (Not including tax)
So, this personalized care package ended costing me a pretty penny, but it wasn't so bad because my parents chipped in $30 and my sister chipped in $25. Either way, I spared no expense because it was worth it to me to bring my friend's mom some light and hopefully joy and relief at this very difficult stage in her journey.
Let me know what you think of the items! I'd love to hear your feedback.