Tuesday, March 15, 2011

(Celebrity) Look Of The Week- Katy Perry



I fell in love with this picture (Katy Perry and the Biebs!) the second I saw it because of:
1)the adorableness of the facial expressions/ awkwardly inappropriate proximity of closeness to one another
2) Katy Perry's amazing makeup

The look Katy's wearing here was seen at the 2010 American Music Awards afterparty, hosted by Rolling Stone. It is an amazing bronze smokey eye with full false lashes, a contoured cheek with peach blush and nude pinky lips, and flawless skin(but that's sort of a given).

Katy Perry is an incredibly beautiful entertainer and she pulls out all the stops with her makeup. Therefore I knew I had to challenge myself and attempt to recreate her look. We have very different facial features and bone structure, so even if I knew exactly what products were used on her, the look would come out differently. I think a lot of people can wear this look though. It's sexy, fun, and versatile.

My Take On It:


 


Like I said, different features. But it was an admirable try. 
What I would change about it next time: For the most part, I am pretty happy with the way this look came out. The eye makeup is pretty accurate. There are a few differences makeup wise between the two pictures though. Katy has a much thicker set of lashes on then I do. MUCH thicker. She also isn't wearing black liner on her bottom lashes. She seems to have on a gold/warm brown color smudged under her lash line and into her waterline. I don't have an excuse for why my makeup doesn't have that element, because I have two liners from my Urban Decay 24/7 set that would be perfect for it. Kind of kicking myself in the butt for not pulling those bad boys out! Final difference is that her blush is way stronger then mine, although in my defense I was wearing blush but the flash washed me out. She has strong contouring, and her lips are more of a dark rosy neutral pink whereas mine are pretty pure pink. 
Products used:
Face:
  • Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation
  • MAC Earth To Earth Mineralize Blush
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
Eyes:
  • MAC Goldstone Pigment
  • 2 MAC Pigments I mixed together to make a pigment that resembles MAC Coco Beach (Good luck trying to find the real thing, they don't make it any more)
  • MAC Bronze Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette- Creep
  • Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion
  • Urban Decay Eyeliners in Baked and Bourbon as eyeshadow bases
  • ELF Dramatic False Lashes (Only $1!)
Lips:
  • Wet N Wild lipstick in Bare It All

No comments:

Post a Comment