Sunday, October 9, 2016

Blinking Beaute Lashes: Mademoiselle & Bombesque

Recently I popped into Ricky's NYC on 375 Broadway between Franklin & White Street (in Chinatown), not intending to purchase anything other than the one item I was looking for, which was a garment solution. As I made my way through the store, the Blinking Beaute display caught my eye. I love false lashes, especially fluffy, voluminous ones, and Blinking Beaute's premiere silk collection delivers fanned out, corner-to-corner volume that beautifies and enhances your lashes, transforming them into the lush, full lashes you've always dreamt of.

Now, I should say that I've tried Blinking Beaute in the past, having fallen in love with styles 2 and 6 specifically (see my review here). However, because Ricky's now tapes every lash box shut, you have no say over the selection process, and are forced to pick a box blindly on good faith. I've gotten lemons in the past, and $25 each is a lot of money to waste on a gamble. However, thankfully several boxes were not taped shut this time around, and I quickly scooped up my 2 favorites, Mademiselle & Bombesque!

So without further ado, here's a closer look at the lashes:


Left Mademoiselle, Right, Bombesque 
Top Mademoiselle, Bottom Bombesque

Mademoiselle: Mademoiselle is a full fan of lashes that sweep across the eye to create a gorgeous fluttery effect that still translates as somewhat natural. They are noticeably finer than Bombesque.





The following is a series of pictures of me without any false lashes on:




Before/after before Mademoiselle and after Mademoiselle, followed by several close-ups!









Bombesque: Bombesque is a full and fluffy lash that I can only describe as gorgeous. They are the quintessential dramatic false lash. 







Okay guys, so don't kill me BUT for some reason, I don't have many pictures of me wearing Bombesque. I have a video which will be up very soon, but I don't have a lot of close-ups to show. Here is what I do have:










I deeply apologize for the lack of close-ups of Bombesque! I don't know what happened. I knew I was running out of the house but I thought I at least took a few close-ups. Next time I repurchase the lash, I'll add some fresh photos to this post. At this point they've been worn a couple of times already so they definitely won't deliver the same result.

Longevity-wise, I'm not sure whether the company claims these lashes can be reused like Velour Lashes (they claim that Velour lashes can be reused up to 25 times, which is definitely untrue in my experience, more like 10-15 times), but since they are so expensive, decent wear time is to be expected. In my experience you can use it for at least a few weeks if you only wear them on weekends or once or twice a week.

Thanks for tuning in! I hope this post helped you if you were interested or on the fence about purchasing either or both of these lash styles. Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment