Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birchbox

Birchbox is a company that you can subscribe to for $10 a month or $120 a year. The service they provided is this: they ship you your "Birchbox" once a month, and in it is a sweet haul of five little products, samples, or deluxe samples. These are usually high end brands. I couldn't resist subscribing. $10 a month for a monthly surprise box of awesome makeup/nail polish/skincare/perfume treats? I was a goner the second I heard about Birchbox. There's a british version of Birchbox called Glossybox which really pulled me in because one of the monthly products was a huge deluxe sample of a NARS product, and their packaging was divine. Girly, pretty, and romantic. However, Birchbox is what we have in the U.S. so no Glossybox for me!

I received my package on June 8th. In it contained one of my new holy grail products :) Here are pictures of the package, and the contents inside!






The back of the card lists all the products for each month's birchbox. They include a description of the product, and the full price and size if you were to buy the product in store (or on their website).

1. Archipelago| Pomegranate Soap (Part of Gift Set) $35
Unlike body wash, this triple-milled soap won't spill in your toiletry kit, plus it has antioxidants to keep skin soft and smooth.

2. Kate Spade| Twirl- 1.7 FL OZ| $65 &3.4 FL OZ|$80
This flirty scent feels carefree and joyful- just the thing to wear on your adventures at home and abroad.

3. Laura Geller| Baked Blush N' Brighten 0.32 OZ|$29.50
Made in Italy, this swirl of warm and cool tones is infinitely versatile- dust your cheeks for a flattering glush or use the lighter shades as a highlighter.


4. Sircuit Cosmeceuticals| Molecular Mist 2 OZ|$36
This high-tech spray uses heavy water to keep your skin hydrated all day. Use it pre-moisturizer, as an in-flight refresh, or to set makeup.


5. Deborah Lippmann| Stripper To Go Nail Lacquer Removers 10 Mitts $12
Fix your mani on the fly! Each handy packet contains a remover soaked mitt that erases polish without drying out nails.

I really liked my Birchbox this month, but had the Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten product not been in there, I don't know if I would be saying that. That was DEFINITELY the stand out product. 1, it was great, and 2, it's huge! It was the FULL SIZE PRODUCT. That itself is $29 and I got it included in a $10 box. That's amazing.

What I would repurchase:
Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten (but if they have just a highlighter product instead of the blush included I would buy that, because I liked the highlighter more then the blush)

That's it I think. At first I liked the Deborah Lippmann mitts but it says one packet is enough for 10 nails and that just wasn't true. It was enough for one hand before it dried out or maybe I just didn't work quickly enough, but I found myself swabbing my fingers inside the packet to try and get more remover (which I did, the packet was dripping wet with it, it spilled all over the notebook I had on the table). Also, it lists acetone as an ingredient, which most certainly does dry out your nails. So I don't know about all the claims it was making. I haven't tried the soap yet, but the molecular mist was interesting (Felt refreshing but smelled really strong) and the Kate Spade perfume is nice, like all perfumes, but I'm not particularly in love/ or attracted to it.

Blush N' Brighten swatched: Blush +Highlighter, Blush alone, Highlighter alone

Hope you all liked this review/first impressions, and I can't wait for next month's Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment