Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stila for J. Crew Convertible Colors

A couple of weeks ago I was at J. Crew with my sister and I saw right by the checkout line bowls of Stila for J. Crew cosmetics on clearance. I knew I had to buy them when I saw the price- $4.99 each! Each was originally $18 and on Sephora all the Stila Convertible Colors are $25 and have a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. It seems Stila only created 2 colors for J. Crew, a bright hot coral-pink, and a nude brown. Without further ado, the colors:

As you can see, one of the blushes has an imperfection on the outside. Unfortunately, it was the best one in the whole dish. I actually bought the same blush with a nice outside and it turned out inside was all used up and gross. I suppose J. Crew had a reason for making all those blushes clearance after all. So my sister went through blush after blush for me, trying to find one that didn't have a fingerprint on the inside. The only one out of at least ten, was the one pictured above, and that's the one I exchanged my damaged blush for. Not at all impressed with J. Crew about that.


W/o flash 

 W/ flash



I must say I was a bit surprised when I opened these up. The gorgeous light pale pink color on the outside casing of the first blush pictured does not at all match the inside. As you can see it's a dark brown. However the casing on the other blush does match the actual color of the product. Both colors are pretty though. After experimenting with these two products, I have to say I don't understand the high rating on Sephora. They're nice, but nothing I would rave about, and I wouldn't really use these on my lips. I tried, and the color didn't look too great on my mouth, but maybe that's just me. These are really pretty cheek colors though.

No comments:

Post a Comment