Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Beauty Tag- 40 Questions Dedicated to Beauty


Skin
How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice, unless I’m having a bad skin day and my face itches and hurts, which it does sometimes since it is irritated so easily with or without makeup. Then I’ll use it once or twice more just because my cleanser makes my skin feel slightly better and refreshes me. It helps get all the impurities out and get my skin recovering sooner.

What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo)
Combo. In the summer I’m oily (not ridiculously so, but still oily) and in the winter I’m dry, with the occasional oily area. I wouldn’t ever say my skin ever falls into the normal category. Lucky bitches.

What is your current face wash?
Philosophy’s Purity Facial Cleanser. It’s amazing. I never thought there was a difference between cleanser and soap. I had bought cleansers through the years, like Biore or Neutrogena but I always came back to regular friendly old soap. Then I got a sample of Purity in my Birchbox and was shocked, and then hooked for life. It literally melts your makeup off, and it cleanses so thoroughly while conditioning your skin and making it soft, supple, and clean. It refreshes my skin when I’m having a bad sensitive skin/makeup allergy related breakout near my jaw and the sides of my face. It makes everything feel better J

Do you exfoliate?
Nope, but I probably should. I hear for girls with sensitive/irritated skin though sometimes exfoliating can make it worse.

What brand do you use?
None

What moisturizer do you use?
Cetaphil. On the lookout for something better currently.

Do you have freckles?
Nope

Do you use eye cream?
Nope

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Sort of acne prone. I get terrible bumps around the sides of my face starting from my ear going down to my jaw and neck. They’re not pimples but they resemble pimples at times, and they feel more like prickly heat. It’s really awful and it’s been bad lately. L It hurts. I do have rosacea (slight, maybe moderate) and very sensitive skin.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Have never, doesn’t mean I’ve never wanted to try though.

Makeup
What foundation do you use?
Right now I’m using Graftobian’s HD Glamour Crème Palette. My holy grail foundation is Estee Lauder because it looks absolutely beautiful and seamless, not to mention it is full coverage, transfer-resistant, waterproof and long-wearing. However I am deathly allergic to it and it wrecked my face. My face hasn’t been the same since I stopped using it 2 months ago, and I still have bumps on my skin.

How about concealer?
I’m not a huge concealer girl. I have TheBalm’s Time Balm concealer but I rarely use it, even though it is good. I just have a hard time layering my concealer over my foundation and getting it to look seamless. For eyes I use Eve Pearl’s Salmon Concealer, which I really like. Just be sure to set it with powder because it is very emollient.

Do you know your undertone color?
Yes. I am warm-toned and olive/yellow skinned. Thank you Estee Lauder woman who accurately gave me this breakdown! Turns out you were completely correct upon my own research  and experimenting
J

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They’re beautiful on some girls. I like them, but it’s difficult to find ones that look nice with my eye shape and space. I have a small lid space and hooded eyes so 90% of falsies look ridiculously huge on my eye and go all the way up to my eyebrow, even the delicate looking ones. Falsies are also difficult for me to apply, sadly. I feel like such a makeup noob! Haha

Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yup :x But do I?

What brand of mascara do you use?
Right now Maybelline’s Colossal Lash and Buxom Lash.

Sephora or MAC?
Sephora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sephora Sephora Sephora <3 So much more fun going in there! MAC is way smaller and too serious.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I wish.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes and wedges? Also eyelash curler.

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes dear God yes or else my eyeshadow would not last even three hours.

For the face?
No, my skin reacts oddly with primers. Doesn’t really do what it’s supposed to do.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Brown! I loooove browny/gold smokey eyes, as well as glittery eyes and dramatic eyes of any kind! I don’t get to wear contacts enough to really do my eyes up but I love a good night out so I can test my limits
J I need to take more chances with my eye makeup.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Both but I’m looking forward to trying cream.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
All the freaking time.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
They’re pretty :)
 They give a nice gorgeous gilded look to the lid, but they can be messy and they’re more inconvenient then pot eyeshadows.

Do you use mineral makeup?
Not really, but I will try a mineral foundation in the future. I have my eye on one by Laura Mercier, and I’m lusting after Nude Beach Eyeshadow by Bare Minerals.


What is your favorite lipstick?
I have no answer for this. I love lipsticks so much and right now I have about 10 that I really do love. I’ll just list what I have instead:
MAC Modesty, Angel, Lady Danger, Up the Amp, Girl About Town, Brave, Pink Nouveau, Viva Glam Cyndi
Kat Von D Hellbent, Lolita, Backstage Bambi
Urban Decay Big Bang Super Saturated High Gloss Lipcolor, which is in pencil form but I count as lipstick

How about lipgloss?
Don’t have many lipglosses right now, I can tell you I HATE the Buxom ones. They feel horrible, they make my lips feel like they’re on fire every minute that I’m wearing it. They’re such a tease because they look beautiful in the tube but whatever plumping ingredient is in them feels horrible and I hate the mint smell.

What is your favorite blush to use?
UMMM NARS Madly hands down!!!!! So stinking beautiful.
 I love the seashell pink color, it’s just gorgeous especially with a pinky neutral lip and a smokey eye. Planning on getting the NARS Danmari All About Cheeks Palette for Christmas!! SO EXCITED

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes and no. I have drugstore foundations that work nicely, and I’m interested in trying a couple of concealers. Not so much for lipsticks or eyeshadows, I prefer to go a few dollars up and just get what I know looks good and love from MAC or Sephora, especially because I can swatch them on my hands first.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Not enough!! :’( I wish there was one closer to NYC then Long Island.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes :x

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Ugh completely.
 I am very careful with applying face products because I run into problems with blotchy color, or cakiness, or muddiness, or it just looking really obvious and stripey. But I’m getting better :)


Name a makeup crime that you hate?
There are too many. Wrong foundation color/tone (I confess to have done this in the past and it’s still not perfect). Obvious horrible makeup with clown splotches of color. Block eyebrows. Muddy eyeshadow shapes. Clumpy, clumpy, clumpy eyelashes. Wrong type of foundation for skin (powder on dry skin- horrible looking).

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Yes! I love colorful lipstick! I think a bright or dark lip is so beautiful when done right. I’m not so much into colorful shadow, but there are certain shades that are universally beautiful like shimmery purples and certain blues, etc.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Lately Selena Gomez...








 and ALWAYS Katy Perry! <3




If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Eyebrow pencil. After that, foundation, and after that mascara or lipstick.


Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? 
Yup

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
No, not really. I have the occasional good skin day where I’ll think to myself, not bad haha. It’s not that I think I’m ugly, but I love what makeup can do for a person’s complexion and entire look. It just intensifies and gorgeous-ifies everything :)

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Tough question. MAC has probably got that one covered, just because it’s done the work and has created amazing eyeshadows, lipsticks, liners, eyeliners, mineralized blushes, everything. If you were to start with one brand I’d probably say MAC is the way to go. Makeup Forever is starting to be comparable to MAC, though it is more high-end. Everything Makeup Forever does is just pretty much right. I also have been really liking Urban Decay and Benefit. My favorite luxury brands are probably NARS and Dior.

What do you think of Makeup?
I love it. :)

2 questions I’ve added:

What are your favorite makeup products of the moment?
I have come to realize that I am a total highlighter girl. I LOVE highlighters. Right now I have Laura Gellar’s Portofino, Dior Amber Diamond, Clinique up-lighting liquid illuminator in natural, and MAC Pearl Cream Color Base. My absolute favorite of all three is Portofino. My favorite combo is the Clinique with Portofino. I also love lipsticks. The easiest way to have a beautiful makeup look is with a gorgeous bright/dark lipstick and a nice complexion, with lots of beautiful lashes and maybe a flattering shade on the lid. Don’t forget well-groomed and shaped eyebrows! I’ve also come to realize that blush/or bronzer can really beautifully flatter the face and add dimension and make a look come to life. 


What do you stay away from?
I prefer not to buy squeeze lipgloss tubes. I just can't stand them. I always get way too much gloss and my lips feel gross. And if I squeeze gently then I keep reapplying over 5 minutes until I get what I want because I have to be that conscious of amount. It makes me sad though because so many beautiful lipglosses come in shitty tubes. I also don't really like warm eyeshadows, like Woodwinked. I love the color but when you blend the edges they get kind of reddy-coppery and I just don't like that. Coppers don't look good on me in my opinion. I don't like unpractical eyeshadow palettes, like ones with tons of color that don't go together at all. I love easy to use makeup, with gorgeous colors and textures. In my opinion, above all, makeup should be flattering. I favor this over inventive or imaginative. That's just my own personal take on things. However if you don't experiment, you'll always be stuck with the same thing! Hopefully I'll know more then I do now with time. 


I tag all my followers and anyone who stumbles across this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment