Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blue Smokey Eye using Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland Palette

So it's a random Sunday and I'm hanging around the house, not having much to do. I decide that I don't want to wear makeup today because my face and skin needs some r & r. However, I love makeup, obviously. So I end up thinking about how much I would like to play with some eye makeup, and figured it would be okay to just use some makeup on the eyes. I ended up fooling around with my Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay palette, which truthfully I don't like at all. Nearly all the colors have obnoxious, horrible chunky glitters that fall all over the place. I'm a girl who LOVES glitter, but this glitter is unflattering and hard to work with, and I don't care for the colors much. I love neutrals, but the neutrals in this palette just don't seem to look good on my complexion. I've never used the brights that much, because I honestly prefer neutral smokey eyes, and brights are way harder to pull off then neutrals.

However, for today, I decided I wanted to use one of the colors I never touched. So I went for this bright blue called Alice. I put that all over the lid (it was actually surprisingly pretty and smooth!) and blended lots of Vorpal and Jabberwocky into the outer V and the crease. Finally I used White Rabbit on the highlight. I kind of like the end product. It looks very Egyptian.




2 comments:

  1. Your eye makeup is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, it really brings out your eyes! You're very talented with makeup and beautiful too.

    You have a fabulous blog by the way! I will definitly be checking back to read more of your posts!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ____________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete