Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Favorite Things (at the moment)

Hello beauty addicts! :) I've been loving so many things lately that I thought I would share them with you all! Recently I've been transforming a corner of my room into my little beauty space, and I made a favorite things section. I used my Birchbox box (haha) to house all these items. Here they are!

1. Eve Pearl Dual- Performance Ultimate Lip Palette
2. MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
3. Laura Geller Blush N Brighten Combo
4. Betsey Johnson Tweezerman Tweezers in Marilyn Monroe Print

5. Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shower Gel, Shampoo, and Bubble Bath- this stuff smells amazing! This is coming from someone who is not a scents/fragrance kind of girl. I LOVE IT. I got it free from Sephora as my birthday gift. At first I wasn't jazzed when I found out this would be the freebie because I'm not a bath product type of girl. I definitely don't get excited around Bath and Body Works or someplace like that as I do at Sephora. Nevertheless, I got the gift, and from the second I saw the girl take it out from under the counter, I felt happy! I just felt way more drawn to it then I had expected to it, and I like it so much! I find myself grabbing it randomly when I need a mood lifter. It smells so wonderful, I wish they made perfume of this stuff. :( Sadly they don't. The bad thing about this product is that I don't truly know how effective it is at doing all those 3 things. I suspect it was designed truly to just be a shower gel but they probably added some extra lather (hence being able to pass as a bubble bath), and since shower gel is really like soap in liquid form it can also pass as a shampoo. Oh well. We'll never know! Anyway I adore this stuff but it also doesn't leave the fragrance on your body as much as just smelling good in the shower/bath. I wish it made me smell like birthday cake! It does a little, but oh man I would love it if I smelled delicious and yummy! How awesome would it be to have my signature scent be birthday cake? :D

6. Makeup Forever Glitter in 13! This picture does not do it justice at all, it is so gorgeous and pink rainbow-y glittery! Definitely to be featured in an upcoming look/FOTD. 


Let's start with the perfume. I got all these little samples in a black little pouch from Sephora a couple of months ago when I bought something. I'm not really a perfume girl so I never used them and kind of just left them sitting in the bag. I rediscovered them the other day and they are so pretty! I figured that they would look adorable in my little nook and also that this would be a great way for me to start trying different fragrances. 

I added my favorites and still un-used products from my June Birchbox to my favorites box to tie everything together. I added the Laura Geller Blush and Highlight Combo, the pomegranate bar of soap, the Kate Spade Twirl Perfume Sample, and 1 of the Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go Mitts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment